Having only recently discovered Danny Gregory and his Everyday Matters groups I am starting from the very beginning of the challenge list. It's a great way to get drawing and lose the old 'don't know what to draw' excuses. Not sure how many of the 215 exercises I'll get through, but hey this drawing is 1 more than yesterday (well, the day before really, having done this last night).So about this sketch - I LOVE the work of Andrea Joseph and think it's fab what she can do with a cheap packet of biros, so she's inspired me to try this medium out for myself. My self critique - the shading isn't as refined as I'd like, there are little wonky bits - but overall - I'm happy with this first effort.
On an additional note, I've discovered how to use the scanner properly to get brighter images (see my previous I.F. post) - yip yah!

No comments:
Post a Comment